Thursday, February 25, 2010

My LSAT score

No, I didn't take the LSAT but a very good friend of mine did and I was so impressed when she told me her story about applying to law school. She really wanted to go to law school and the LSAT is one thing that can decide if you get into law school. She also didn't want to just go to any law school she wanted to go to Columbia University in New York. She explained to me the process for applying was arduous and difficult. The LSAT, the entrance exam to law school, scores are a big determiner for getting into law school, so I asked Karen what her score on the LSAT was and would it be good enough to get into her school of choice? She said something next that I found so interesting "I don't know" was her response. She had no idea what her score was and applied to law school without ever opening her score. She sent the score still sealed in an envelope to Columbia confident she was among the best candidates for admission. She went on to tell me that her dream about going to law school would not be dashed by her score. She believed in her success so much so that she knew she would be accepted. She wrote in her essay to the admission board that she knew that her well rounded life experiences and GPA from college would leave a good impression and the test score good or bad would not hinder her dreams.
I am in the last month before my competition and my weight is heavier than I like it to be. In an effort to put on muscle I will in fact weigh more and I understand that but I liked weighing less. I know the facts and I know it's all good but it still can affect me so just like I tell you I have to focus on what's important. I decided to take the Karen approach to this competition and I am not weighing myself anymore. I know the work I am putting in and sticking to my diet is what it takes. I don't care what the scale will tell me -I feel good and I trust the process. It has been really liberating and I feel less stress. I know have to be honest about my effort and let that be my guide.
Although the TFT program requires you to weigh in weekly and send pictures I challenge you to think like Karen did- trust that your efforts will pay off. Trust the process and stick with the program. Realize your dream of losing weight and reaching your goal no matter what is in that sealed envelope. Don't let the test scores keep you from living your dreams and reaching your goals.
You can get to where you are going and hard work does pay off.

3 comments:

  1. Way to go you! Now, do a cleanse. A juice fast for 3 days. Just give it a try. (even if only for 24 hours) You will be amazed!

    I know you can do it!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog! I like the analogy...and yes hard work pays off...They should outlaw scales and we just go by if your skinny jeans fit....when I was young I would take my too tight pants and try them on every day in the morning before work until they fit...I ate less untill they did...worked all the time, didn't even own scales.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this analogy.
    Love your message!
    Thanks for all your support.

    ReplyDelete