Thursday, March 5, 2015

KICKIN FitBit Butt!!

I have the FitBit, a Christmas gift from my boss at work, and I love it. I ordered and sent back the Nike fuel band, ordered and lost the Shine, tried the jawbone and didn't like it but the FitBit I have enjoyed.
As a trainer and motivator, many would assume motivation is oozing out of my sweat but I can assure you I deal with the same lack of motivation you and all of my clients do. I  have to make deals, rally when I don't want to and convince myself it's going to be a whole lot better when it's over.  Many of you who know me wonder how it can be? But I need as much of a kick in the pants as you do.
When I got the FitBit I wasn't sure it would be much help I liked the measuring aspect of it but I knew I would get into a rhythm and all the numbers would look the same. Then I found the friend feature on the fitbit. I could reach out and add my friends to a list and could watch their numbers daily and track mine against theirs. Now it's game on-my competitive self jumped right out of my unmotivated self and began a mission to crush the people on my list. At first, this was not easy task, a couple of my friends were in training,hard core marathon training,and keeping up was a task. Then mother nature kicked in and snow days created just the gap I needed to catch up. I have a treadmill and bike in my gym at home so snow days would not keep me from making my goals. I worked really hard and was able to pass the two people I had set out to pass. I loved the challenge and so far it's been good for me. Competition is good for the soul,and I really think it helps me and others who rely on outside forces to get us moving, to keep up the hard work. I must admit I have worried it would become an issue and since passing the two I tried to pass, I have lost some of the edge. I decided to use it now to track my miles and keep me honest and to relax a little on the compettion. I have really enjoyed feeling like I have something watching me, tracking my progress and not letting me off the hook. I like being accountable and I am glad I have something that reads my success. I hope you have something or someone that helps you get moving and stay motivated.

No comments:

Post a Comment